THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

11.23.2009

AMA REVIEW

Well because I'm a slave to my job, I completely missed the AMA's last night, and obviously forgot to record them as I was leaving at 7am...DAMN! Anyways, I've been watching videos all morning and thought I'd give my reviews of the performances, in as few words as possible!

*Janet - Voice wasn't amazing, but at least it was live unlike the VMA performance (maybe? they don't really show her up close, which makes me think otherwise...but it sounds live-ish) But like her brother, that girl is a performer for sure! **and I just finished watching her...she's not live. At all.

*Daughtry - Sound pretty decent, song is pretty slow. Not the best to peform on an awards show with a bunch of crazy pop acts, but hey, whatev.

*Shakira - She is getting more and more disappointing to me. This song was NOT her. The performance really wasn't that great, and what was with the army of steppers? She just looks like another female pop wannabe. So sad :(

*Keith Urban - It's country, so you already know my opinion. His voice sounds alright, and he seems to be having fun. He's trying to look way too pretty though.

*Kelly Clarkson - Definitely not the flashiest performance of the night, but she's one of the few actually SINGING, and girl can belt it out for sure. I'm really over "Already Gone" but she sounds amazing.

*Jay-Z and Alicia Keys - Speaking of "damn, girl can sing"...This song just isn't getting old. Jay-Z is just great, and Alicia is rockin' out. Love it.

*Black Eyed Peas - They are fantastic performers, and sound great live. Fergie actually looks normal and not so fugly. I like the remix too, at first....then it gets weird at the end after "Boom Boom Pow" and I'm not so much digging the "Smells Like Teen Spirit"

*Rihanna - A bit weird...but it was ok. She sounds great, and looks great, I just really don't like any of her new songs at all, so it didn't really do it for me :(

*Carrie Underwood - Also looks great, although I don't all the skanky looking girls with her. Song is pretty good too. The background tracks on the chorus sound awful, she would have sounded better just singing on her own, because her voice definitely sounded great. Good performance.

*Lady Gaga - Not that I'm biased because I'm going to see her in January, but YES!! "Bad Romance" was decent, though not as amazing as the video. In "Speechless" though, damn. Breaking glass, fire, breaking liquor bottles. I will take it!! Amazing!

*Mary J. Blige - Has Mary J. ever had a bad song or sounded bad? The song isn't amazing, but she is such an amazing singer. Nice work.

*J-Lo - Obviously lip-synching. I'm tired of this, they should not let people on this show if they can't sing live. Ugh. And this song hasn't impressed me yet, nor does it after this performance. Really, you are trying to name drop a shoe label? I'm over J-Lo.

*Whitney - Despite missing a few notes, she did great. After all that she has been through, Ms. Houston can still get it! I really like the song, and she looks beautiful.

*Alicia Keys - This song is super crappy, and her performance is very meh. She should have just stuck to performing with Jay-Z tonight.

*Eminem - I'm one of the few people who won't hate on Eminem..but eh. This song is way old first of all. Here's where else I'm confused...He performs Forever, which is Drake's song. Don't get me wrong, Eminem sounds the best on that song by FAR, but why isn't Drake, Kanye, and Lil' Wayne out there with him?

*Timbaland, Nelly Furtado, and some other chic.. - WTF is this? Timbaland looks huge, this song sucks, and what is with all the vampire crap? Ugh, who asked them to perform??

*Green Day - I've never really seen them have a bad performance. I liked their VMA performance better, but they never let me down. But I am getting a little tired of this song!

*Adam Lambert - I never liked this guy. I hate his voice, I think he's obnoxious and annoying. That being said, I can honestly say that I hate his performance. I really don't like the song AT all, and he was trying WAY TOO HARD to get people talking about his performance. OMG you are so risky and out there wow I can't believe it. Fail.


There you have it. I'm really tired of award shows...If they can't sing live, they should not be allowed on the show. I realize some of these people are great performers, but for an awards show, I think you should have to sing live. It's just ridiculous. Ugh. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment